Baking bread at home is a great way to learn some hidden skills and get to know our German bread culture at once. With the February baking kit you can enjoy making some delicious rolls called ‘Almweck’; (‘Alm’ = alpine; ‘weck’ = bun). As you may know, the bread culture in Germany is not just about fresh baked loaves alone. We love rolls, too. Especially for breakfast. This month ‘Almweck’ are with partially rye flour and some spices which made them very aromatic.
Looking for a gift? You got it! Leave your personal note during the check-out and we’ll add it into the box.
We already shopped for you and grabbed all ingredients you need for this recipe.
What you’ll get with your baking kit for our rolls ‘Almweck’:
(All kits are packed on demand and have a BFD of 3-4 month)
- 1 baking-mix (16 oz) for ‘Almweck’ ( 8-9 pc) in a reusable cotton bag.
- recipe instruction card as an easy step-by-step guide
- a serrated knife ideal for easily cutting your rolls
- sheet of baking paper
- 1x jar (8-10 oz) of a delicious surprise jam
- FREE shipping in the US
- 1 Box = 1 Meal to a Food Bank in America
Start your 3, 6 or 12 month subscription for baking bread at home and our unique bread boxes with this monthly box and save instantly.
You need to add:
filtered water, some olive oil
Organic Wheat and Whole Rye Flour, Salt, Organic Malted Barley Flour, Yeast, Spices
* we reserve the right to exchange the spread or tool on an equal basis *