This month bread kit for Kastenbrot gives you a full package of flavor and fibers. Thanks to a bunch of organic seeds and a perfect organic flour-mix you get a delicious loaf for sandwiches. Do you prefer the option ‘Cheese & Ham’? Perfect with some veggies inbetween. Or are you more the P&J type? No worries – both options are great on this healthy loaf!
‘Kastenbrot’ means in German a loaf which was baked in a loaf pan. (‘Kasten’ = ‘Box’) Americans like to name it ‘Sandwich Bread’ which is usually a bit airier than the German counterpart. It is also bigger to get XL slices for giant sandwiches. Our Kastenbrot is a combination and brings the best out of both sides.
Do you like to gift it to your loved ones? Add a personal message at the checkout and we’ll put it into the box.
We already shopped for you and grabbed all ingredients you need for this recipe for an easy bake.
What you’ll get in this monthly baking box:
- 1 baking-mix (23 oz) for Kastenbrot (~2lb loaf), packed in a printed and reusable cotton bag
- a recipe instructions card as an easy step-by-step guide
- a useful kitchen tool as always (will be disclosed as soon as we have confirmation)
- a sheet of baking paper
- 1 jar of the delicious seedless raspberry jam from Just Jan’s, straight here from California
- FREE shipping in the US
- 1 Box = 1 Meal to a Food Bank in America
Start your baking journey with a 12, 6 or 3 month subscription for our unique bread baking boxes with this monthly box and save instantly.
You need to add:
filtered water and oil
Tools you need:
9″x5″ loaf pan
Ingredients for this bread kit for Kastenbrot:
Organic Wheat and Rye Flour, Organic Seed Mix, Sea Salt, Yeast, Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Malted Barley Flour
* we reserve the right to exchange the spread on an equal basis *