This month our baking journey brings you a bread baking kit for some very traditional rolls from the South of Germany. The so called ‘Seelen’ is a traditional bread treat in the Swabian region, (around the city ‘Stuttgart’). They are ideal to prepare the evening before and are quickly made for a delicious breakfast.
The high amount of water and the type of preparation give these Seelen the typical chewy bite. The topping with caraway and coarse salt is as original as it could be. Scrumptious either with sweet spreads, as a hearty lush sandwich or just on its own.
We’ve already shopped for you and perfectly pre-measured all the organic ingredients for these tasty special Swabian rolls.
What you’ll get with this Seelen bread baking kit:
- 1 baking mix (~22 oz) for traditional Swabian rolls (10-12 pc) packed in our cotton tote bag
- an instruction card as an easy step-by-step guide
- 1 big size pot holder made of thick Terry Cloth
- sheet of baking/parchment paper
- one 5oz jam from Laura Ann’s Jams, based in Los Angeles
- ! Shipping starts Sep 1st !
- Supporting Feeding America
Start your bread baking subscription through our German bread culture now with this bread baking kit and save instantly.
You need to add:
Baking mix ingredients:
Organic Wheat Flour, Sea Salt, Yeast, Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Malted Barley Flour
Topping: Salt, Caraway Seeds
* we reserve the right to exchange the spread on an equal basis *